Thursday, June 3, 2010

i am supposed to be asleep

because i still have to wake up early (around 3:00am) for a trip to batangas. ige and i will be catching up with my family to canyon cove where we'll be celebrating a very special day:

my dad's birthday!

will tell you more about our trip when i get back. for now, let me proudly share with you today's thursday project, one i truly consider a work of heart.



 i made a stencil of my dad's profile.  whew!  my x-acto knifing skills were really put to the test!
i used an acetate sheet for the stencil and gouache for the paint.  :)

 aaaand the finished product! i had to crop the image because it wouldn't fit in the frame i found. :( i also added a chocnut wrapper (papa likes chocnut a lot) and a piece of (birthday) cake) on a small sandpaper sheet (my dad does some carpentry and such).

oh, and i also made him this birthday card in photoshop.  i am now a graphic artist. :P

No comments: