Tuesday, September 18, 2012

on film: Dahican Beach in Mati, Davao Oriental

Last weekend's plans were completely trampled by the bane that is Philippine Weather--it rained all night on Friday, bringing floods to different parts of below-sea-level Manila, and the city woke up to find several slippers, rubber boots, and trash a-floating. Saturday classes were suspended, point-and-shoot film cameras were put back in storage, and dogs and cats cuddled closer to their humans. 

The usual.

I had plans to go to the 33rd Manila International Book Fair at the SM Mall of Asia that Saturday, as well as stroll through a few camera stores in the area. On Sunday, the last day of the book fair, it was still raining. 

Oh well.

Anyway, to somehow bring a little glow over the sucky weather, here are a few film photos of our stay last August in Dahican Beach in Mati, Davao Oriental. It's almost been a month but I still haven't forgotten how beautiful the beach is--fine sand and crystal-clear waters.

Camera: Superheadz Usagi Camel Wide-angle film camera
Film: Fuji Sensia 200, cross-processed

A small fisherfolk community.

The beach is perfect for surfing and skimboarding.

Sunrise at the Pacific.

Rocky part.

Waiting for the waves.

A friend prepares her surfboard. Camera bugs document.



Took a dip, lounged by the shore.

I'm a water babe; unfortunately I can't stay in seawater for a long period--I get some sort of skin allergy. My neck and face start to redden up and itch horribly. When this happens I take myself out of the water, rinse up with fresh/tap water, wait a few minutes for the itch and redness to go away, and then back to the water I go. Haha.

Shots from my Snapsights underwater film camera:




Okay, I think that's enough warmth and sun (and feet) for now. I hope the rest of the month's weekends have better weather. Lots of stuff happening in the coming weeks. :)

Hoping to see you again soon, beach! (In another part of the country, perhaps.)

No comments: