before i get the approval for the extension of my residency, i must have a certification from my adviser that yes, indeed, i am doing my thesis and in fact, i am ready to defend my proposal this semester, as per the condition of my first residency extension.
to have a certification (and to clear some things up regarding my adviser who was transferred to another department), i have to show some paper. preferably my thesis proposal. or at least something that looks like it.
i missed diliman. being there yesterday was really refreshing (the trees! the trees! the grassy paths!), and walking with students made me feel like a student again. well technically i'm still a student--i meant i miss going to class in shorts. heheh. just kidding.
anyway--excluding work, here are some other things on my to-do list:
need to do:
- go to the dance studio and yeah, dance. and do yogilates. two months of no workout makes lauren a chubby flabby girl. i kinda miss sweating from all of my pores. and i miss my instructors and classmates. next week i'll be going back to peak!
- read thesis-related stuff. and write.
- visit the dentist
want to do:
- experiment more with image transfers. i've had some success with acryclic resin matte medium and photocopies.
- practice developing black & white photographs. invest in a good tank, measuring devices, and chemicals. this will be good for my soul. ;)
- with that said, practice film photography.
- buy a film scanner.
- scan old photos.
- finish the other books i've started. i have three.
- practice sketching & watercoloring. i bought waterbrushes yesterday!
- make a playground for my rats.
- ride my bike.
- watch bones. i miss tj thyne as king of the lab.
- go to batanes.
- go for a walk.