Created by: MastersDegree.net
why this affects me:
- i live in an archipelago--islands surrounded by bodies of water--and i've been to enough beaches and islands to see the marine life AND the garbage that threatens to ruin them
- i like seafood. buttered prawns, calamares, and fried tilapia with mayonnaise are my favorites
- i'm an advocate of recycling
- i dislike using polystyrene/styrofoam as food packaging, and i avoid food establishments who use them as much as i can
- i used to have pet fish
- it's difficult, but i am trying to cut down on using plastic drinking straws
- i like turtles, and this image disturbs me:
a turtle trapped in a plastic ring.
sometimes i wish i could do more. i guess spreading infographics is a good start.
*I'd like to thank Meika Jensen of MastersDegree.net for sending me this infographic. You can also spread it around! You can find the embed link here: http://www.mastersdegree.net/ocean-garbage/.