Saturday, March 5, 2011

March 4, 2011

My 27th birthday in photos.  

I saw this spider on the other side of the wall.  It was BIG.

 I call her Sophie.

 Sophie with brother Bugoy.

 The youngest kittens (Barnaby's babies) have no names yet.  The little one in the background looks terrified of the camera, while the one up front is more curious.  :)

 I had my birthday lunch at diner-style Johnny Rockets in Tomas Morato. 

Pink.

 The strawberry milkshake was sooo good.  There's more in that tin container.

Perfect. 

His. "Route 66."  Mushrooms!

Hers. "Smoke House." Bacon! 

 He requested for a wheat bun.

 Onion rings inside the burger.

A little digital jukebox by lets you play songs for a peso each.  I must have spent almost fifteen pesos requesting, and since we were the only customers requesting (we were the only customers at 2pm), the songs played one after another.  The Sixties (+ Motown) ROCKS.

 Ige sketching the jukebox.

Another interesting thing about Johnny Rockets:  every fifteen minutes, the crew (serving crew, kitchen staff, managers) stops whatever they're doing, makes their way to the dining area, goes in a formation along the aisles, and DANCES to hits from the Sixties-Seventies.  And boy, they can really dance!

We were so full.

We headed to Trinoma and walked around to digest the late lunch.  Afterwards headed to the Cultural Center of the Philippines for
Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah, Ze Muzikal!
[In the photo: Gabe Mercado (Didi), Eula Valdes (ZsaZsa), and Tuxqs Rutaquio (Ada)]

It was AWESOME.  We laughed with our not-hungry-at-all-even-If-our-last-meal-was-at-two-and-it-was-already-ten-pm bellies!

 (Because it's my birthday and he can't refuse) I had Ige pose with Wilma Doesnt, who played Dina B.  She was fantastic.

Eula Valdes = timeless sexiness.  

Midnight dinner.

 I got this stamp set at the CCP gift shop during intermission.
It's from a vintage alphabet (typeface) series, and it's in sign language!
I would like to believe it's the universe's way of greeting me.  :)

Thanks to everyone who gave me birthday greetings, gifts, kisses, hugs, and thoughts!

2 comments:

fortuitous faery said...

ZOMG! Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah! I have ze comic book! What an awesome way to celebrate your birthday!

We have a Johnny Rockets in New Jersey too, they also dance every hour or so. And they serve fries with a smiley face ketchup!

Miss Iggy was there!

dezphaire said...

OMG I so want those stamps too!