Wednesday, March 21, 2012

second breakfast

since i have my (light) breakfast at around 5:15-5:30 every morning, by the time i get to the office i'm already hungry.  so i have second (light) breakfast, a la hobbit.

i usually have a small pack of biscuits or a cupcake, and a cup of instant coffee.  

but since i'll be saving some money by not commuting home later (my dad's going to pick me up, along with my mom and my rice ration haha), i decided to give myself a little treat.

krispy kreme bacon & cheese pull apart!
haha nah, it could pass off as one though.

the friendly neighborhood bakery just across the campus gate had this bacon & cheese bread (muffin? pull-apart lookalike?) that cost fifteen pesos.  i got the instant cappuccino (with chocolate granules!) from seven-eleven for sixteen pesos.  my second yummy breakfast cost me thirty-one bucks!  cheaper than my everyday fare going home.  ohwell.

i popped the bread in the microwave (yuck, i know) and made my cappuccino.
 
this is why i'm not a flood blogger.

the bread was actually more filling than its more famous lookalike, and, washed down with the creamy capp, it was one of the best second breakfasts i've ever had.  :)

how about you? do you eat as much as i do? what did you have for breakfast(s) today?

1 comment:

Kayni said...

i had three small dango with bean jam, half of mom's corn muffin and a hot cocoa :). i wish i could taste that muffin you had. it looks good.