Wednesday, May 9, 2012

forth

just a quick hello before diving in today's workpile.

pretty busy these days, as things always are in may, with preparations for the new school year and the last of the summer vacation activities.  busier since i'm making sure my departure would go smoothly (to the point of assisting my replacement!), without fuss and much breakdown in operations.  my thoughts are everywhere.

the weekend was spent at home in the company of a classmate doing stuff for her thesis, and the pressure was on to somehow do some schoolwork myself.  after much thinking and staring off to space and feeling sorry for myself, i realized that it's (again) time to change topics.  this one, this time, i hope is for good and would be approved by the powers that be.  crossing fingers.  it seems viable, and finish-able, and practical, and maybe even helpful.  i hope.

i'm keeping it hush-hush for now lest i jinx it and turn my back on it again.

the thesis betting club, as i call it, is off to a good start.  we've set goals that, if not accomplished within the specified time, earns the student some debts to be paid to the other 'members'.  debts are in the form of b-movie tickets, a bucket of popcorn for the b-movie, or some good ol' cuppa coffee.

thoughts of june are making me giddy.  i'm looking forward to learning to cook some dishes and taking a refresher course on driving, as a start.  then there's morning workouts, photo scanning, trying out my hand in new software, and writing part-time.  fun.  school stuff first, of course.  i'm even looking forward to taking a penalty course and sitting in some classes (my friend's teaching forensics!).  it's going to be awesome.

quitting my daily job and in effect losing a regular, stable income may be a great sacrifice, but it's one i'm perfectly willing to take in order to pursue what i really want to do in my life.  i guess stepping back is the new going forward.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Lauren, natalo ako ng 100 kay RJ kahapon. :(