Following Martin & Abbey :) Pampalipas-oras, pero napaisip ako nito ah. Share lang. Happy New Year!
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
lots! choice cuts: go up onstage at CCP's Little Theater with raketmates Sawsawan for the Production Design of Tanghalang Pilipino's EJ, contact artists for a project, go to Corregidor, blanked out while in Corregidor, take care of rats as pets, learned Filipino Sign Language, completed the Simbang Gabi, subjected friends to each other :)
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never had any. Will I make one for 2009? Maybe.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
yes, a very good friend and classmate in UP, during a mountaineering accident. typhoon Frank.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
uhm. a sound master's thesis topic!
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Christmas Day. superb family, blessings, friends, and i received the bestest presents.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
finally having the guts to quit a (turbulent) long-term relationship that really wasn't good for me anymore.
9. What was your biggest failure?
being unable to continue with a research project.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
nothing bad. just bad coughs and colds that kept me up or woke me up at night.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
ohmy. hmm. my elephant iflops!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
my bff. no contest :) i am so proud of her!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
a good friend. i was hoping things would turn out okay (still) between us. i'm still hoping.
14. Where did most of your money go?
hmm. the first part of the year, mostly to food & travel. nights out with friends, cab rides. lomography. the latter part of the year, to myself, clothes and such. yey :)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I got really excited about a particular Christmas present. :) though it was given days before christmas (and i usually end up opening stuff before xmas day), i held back until it was Time.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
can't think of a particular one. first song that comes to mind is Turn, Turn, Turn by the Byrds. i grew up a lot this year. also, The Start of Something by Voxtrot. tuwa at kulit lang. Funny Little Frog by Belle & Sebastian. i like frogs. (labo)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? definitely happier.
richer or poorer? richer, thanks to a project.
thinner or fatter? ohmy. fatter. hahaha.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
focusing on finishing my master's. i keep saying "thesis na lang ang kulang" but i'm not doing anything about it.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
er, hmm. money-wise, unwise spending. wala pa akong ibang maisip.
20. How did you spend the holidays?
with friends and family. the best combination. ecstatically happy and fulfilled. despite the bumps along the way, it's been a great year for me.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
i fell out, fell in, fell out, and in again (i think). so that's a (probable) double yes, right?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What were your favorite TV programs?
Californication (thanks to my classmate and friend RJ, his bday gift to me, hehehe), and Pushing Daisies (thanks to Mark na nagkwento) lang ang napanood ko on dvd eh. ganun ako kadalas nakapanood this year.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. I'm not much of a hater. :)
25. What were the best books you've read?
ohno. di ako masyadong nakabasa, but all of the books i managed to finish this year were all great: Sherds (okay not so great for this F. Sionil Jose), The Book of Numbers, Sexing The Cherry, The Walrus Was Paul, Varjak Paw, and The Outlaw Varjak Paw (thanks ige for lending me the dms)
26. What was your favorite film of this year?
Juno. AND Across the Universe. trippy! i liked it so much i put it on my xmas wishlist. thanks susa for getting me an original copy! :) isa pa pala yung Ms. Pettigrew Lives For A Day. katuwa. hehehe.
27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
laid-back, tomboy artist slacker tambay, as always.
28 Whom did you miss?
hmm. lomomanila! i wasn't able to participate in the events/projects this year.
29. Who was the best new person you met?
young visual artists who became good friends, Deaf artists, martin's friends esp. abbey & obie, at ang tweebo ng oro!
30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
if you know it's not for you, don't force it. trust your instincts but be wise in making decisions.
31. What was your greatest musical discovery?
(late ako eh at ibang genre ang pinakikinggan ko talaga) - Belle and Sebastian :)
32. What did you want and get?
i wanted my life (what made me, me) back. i got it. :)
33. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
my 24th was spent on a long walk around old Manila, and dinner by the bay. :)
34. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
35. What kept you sane?
my friends, old and new, whom i got to spend more time with this year.
36. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
John Lloyd forever.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
i wonder if you realize you fascinate me so
tee hee hee.