Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm A Little Teapot

My brilliant mind came up with another stroke of genius this morning while I was waiting for a ride to work:

"I'm A Little Teapot" is one of the most sexually-connotative kiddie ditties there is. Let's put the lyrics down.

I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. When the water's boiling hear me shout. Lift me up and pour me out.

I'm thinking of an 'organic' object here, and it's not something you can put tea in. Green-minded people will have no difficulty guessing.

Sorry, sorry.

Normally I'd have a song running in my head; my playlist would include anything from musicals, to rock, OPM, and the occasional ballad or LSS from the previous jeepney/bus/fx ride. Perhaps some of Saturday's conversation stuck to me, when we (Susa, Martin, Abbey, & Obie) were waiting for Pinikpikan's last gig to start. There was a story about nuns and difficult-to-harvest mushrooms. Then I also ordered garlic mushrooms.

Perhaps, too, I'm like this because I had been working on my entry for the Boxed exhibit this November. The theme is 'erotica', and friends and I have been talking about it all week! So there you go. [This morning I had the photos printed and framed (hello again Quiapo), and I'll be able to drop them off at Sigwada Gallery later. (Crossing fingers, hoping to pull it off.)]

Short and stout stuff aside, an announcement:

On Wednesday afternoon I'll be heading off to San Fernando, Pampanga for the annual UGAT (Anthropological Association of the Philippines) Conference, this year on "Performing Heritage." I'm hoping to pick up some ideas for my (finally) thesis topic. Possibly no intarnets then, but I'll still try to write, and post later, perhaps on Sunday when I get back. I'm on a roll.

Tea!

No comments: