Tuesday, March 31, 2009
i am being too repetitive. you know what i mean.
off to baguio for a training. will be back on friday.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
read the philstar article here: http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=453064&publicationSubCategoryId=65.
multiply blog and discussions here:
the news left me shaking my head with a lot of questions. kids breaking down (for whatever reason), when there's really so much more to life.
yesterday one of my sister binkee's friends hyperventilated/broke down/had an attack of depression (i can't really say because i don't know the whole story; chappy just filled me in that the girl was diagnosed with depression) during their graduation.
i am not one to judge people but i know there's a lot that can be said not only about this situation but also about similar circumstances. i can maybe give an hour-long treatise on the many cultural factors leading to fatal decisions (we did study suicide and depression for several meetings in graduate school). but that would be just plain bull--dead kids don't come back, problems aren't solved, the world turns, and people move on.
negative much? i just wish there's more we can do in the future to prevent stuff like these from happening (e.g. in 'typical' pinoy culture, depression is an alien thing, so it's easily dismissed--lengthy discussion here) than just talking about it. do you enact laws? do you make counseling available for everybody? how do you make people understand that it's all right to ask? do you finally recognize that some things just couldn't be brushed aside? do you teach kids to see the brighter side to everything? do you tell parents to stop demanding/expecting too much? or do you just make rooftop rails higher?
Saturday, March 28, 2009
anyway. this morning i woke up early as usual. first thing i did was to reach for my notebook and my pen. i grabbed my pillow to prop the notebook on it and quickly wrote down what i remembered from the dream i had last night. [side note: yeah yeah i also grabbed the camera. thought the shot would be interesting since i don't do this often. and maybe i wanted to show off our room in all its messy glory, but succeeded only in showing off the bookshelves.]
now, doing the morning pages isn't a regular thing for me; i lack the discipline to do that. (insert sheepish 'hehehe'.) i just write when i had an extremely interesting dream that i'm lucky enough to remember when i wake up.
so, last night's dream was er, well it had something to do with what s.b. and i were chatting about the past days, something that had to do with family and uh, knowledge (nervous chuckle). i'm not about to post that dream--i wrote it down so i won't forget, anyway. heheheh.
Friday, March 27, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Make way for the great
See, this is what happens when I don't get my deep dark sleep when I want to.
Good morning, kids.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
1st pair: old school.
...and the humor in this one. :)
2nd pair: pink.
3rd pair: my favorite fruit!
this is from the same roxas city trip, one morning when i was alone in the room i shared with my mom then. i got bored a while later and went out to see the city by myself (mama had to work). (i dropped by their museum where i found out that barbie almalbis was a capiz girl. haha. hey, this could be useful information!)
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
- on my way home i assisted an elderly lady across the boulevard and helped her onto a jeep.
- i kept loathsome feelings for one human in check. it was a guy who sat across me in the jeep, who smoked in the vehicle and spit on the road every ten seconds or so. i was sorely tempted to kick him between the legs and squish his (more mature content) to the tune of 'la cucaracha', tempo increased by five times.
- i saw cute tiny rubber stamps in a store display. they could also serve as erasers. neat!
- i walked on the other side of the road up to our street, for a change (and something new!)
- my niece miel gave me a smile when my mom was trying to get her to sleep.
- i rescued my cat who seemed to get lost in the bathroom!
so, the daily photoblog is this: everyday's little things. the title was inspired by a friend's artwork (who did give his permission to use the title--thank you, it fits the project perfectly). :) i'll still maintain this blog, of course.
- i should post at least one photograph a day.
- the photograph(s) must have been taken on the day itself--not before.
- the photo(s) must have a short caption.
- if ever i would not be able to post for the day (reasons may include not being able to go online, other priorities, whatever), i must include the intended photo(s) in the following day's post (or the next time i would be able to go online), duly noted.
- the photo(s) must not be posted anywhere else (in my case, deviantart, multiply, friendster, and in this blog).
eh. so much for rules. let's get things going!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
pets sleeping together.
the cebu trip. dried fish, a tour, public transportation. craning my neck to see past the plane wing.
the community visit to maragondon. tagaytay, the beach, squid for lunch, halo-halo by the roadside, pineapples, terrible manila payday-mallwide sale traffic. running to him.
- the ferry ride along the pasig river. let's google earth the palace instead. beneath bridges. big black fish.
- the dave matthews song "crash into me" cut off and replaced by something else, something sung by black-garbed whiners. (man!) the pan de coco. walking.
- the old church. the children's choir. the sky. the cat caught off-guard.
- the art in the park. bench seats. the girl on a unicycle. rustling grass paranoia.
- the interesting dinner in an empty restaurant. the silly laughter when it wasn't empty anymore.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
This is something I 'made' because of a meme from Martin's blog. :) A little something while I'm in Cebu.
1 - Go to "Wikipedia." Hit “Random Article”
or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.
2 - Go to "Random quotations"
or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.
3 - Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”
or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
4 - Use Photoshop or similar to put it all together.
5 - Post it to FB (since I have no Facebook, I'm only posting it here) with this text in the "caption" and TAG the friends you want to join in.
Lemme see... I tag whoever.
in other news,
ige says the belle & sebastian album cover contest is still accepting entries. i wish him luck and lots of smiley support. :)
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Thursday, March 5, 2009
perhaps it was the sudden change of climate (remember i just got back from baguio, a quick overnight stay), or perhaps my immune system went bonkers with the number people around me who had colds--it didn't really matter; what mattered was that i have a cold and it's my birthday.
still, i had a great day, thanks to all those who greeted, and for all the presents, wow. :)
today i stayed home thanks to my (heavy) head and runny nose. what kept me company: happy thoughts, reminiscing the birthday tambay+dinner, and s.b.'s birthday gift. yes susa, i am elated. plus plus! :)
Sunday, March 1, 2009
i felt like janine in this photo, when s.b. showed up at the office after work last friday. he did a really good job tinkering with the teleport machine. :)
in a few hours i'll be heading off to baguio for a quick ocular for our annual training/assembly on the last week of march. will be back by tuesday afternoon the latest. a few hours after that, my 25th birthday, on wednesday. hmm. i don't have anything 'special' planned. i'm more excited about the post-birthday celebration. :)
i think i overslept this afternoon. mild headache. oh well. zonking out in a bit anyway.